- One of India’s best art festivals goes virtual. Catch all the action at Serendipity Virtual Arts Festival here
- The New York Dance and Performance (Bessie) Awards, which will not give individual prizes this year, announced their 2020 nominees, each of whom will receive $500.
- Forbes’ 2021 “30 Under 30” list includes Broadway-turned-film standout Ariana DeBose, dance-turned-music phenom Tate McRae, and TikTok dance stars Charli D’Amelio and Jalaiah Harmon
- A woman in Maryland captured an intruder on video as she filmed herself dancing, and police have now arrested a suspect in the case.
- Rachael Parini, BalletMet’s only Black female dancer, talks about how racism in ballet led to her fear of failure and years of self-doubt.
- College dance programs emphasize artistry, but most don’t teach dancers how to sustainably support an artistic life. Slowly, that’s beginning to change.
- Disturbed by dances that aestheticize violence, scholar Juan Ignacio Vallejos asks: What should be considered intolerable?
- Here are five young female choreographers on the rise in Bollywood.
- The iconic Nityasumangali: Devadasi Tradition in South India by Saskia C. Kersenboom is going for a 6th edition print! You can purchase the book here.- The New York Times’ dance critics discuss the dance highlights of this far-from-ordinary year. We need a South Asian version. Anyone listening?
Explore the World of Dance Today